1. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
5. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.