1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
5. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.