1. An excellent tip to consider when you're thinking about internet shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
3. If you are going to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.