1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you are going to become doing some online shopping, make sure you comprehend the liability for every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your card if the number is stolen.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. While shopping online, it is critical that you spend a little time considering the site that you are considering buying from. You can get information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you having the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.