1. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
3. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and not one of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your money.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.