1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
2. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. If you like an internet store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.