1. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to make certain the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
3. If you are going to be doing some shopping online, make sure you comprehend the liability for each and every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card if the number is stolen.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.