1. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your cash with a company that fails to provide.
4. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.