1. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
3. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate bank card to use only for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.