1. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
2. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one which will save you the most money.
3. In case a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.