1. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting around Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online retailers have moved their sales days up by a few days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
2. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
5. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use all this information to decide if these costs and options fit well to suit your needs, your budget, as well as your area prior to placing an order.