1. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. When a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.