1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it really will cost for the shipping on your items and when there are free freight options open to you.
5. Be wary for any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a website other than the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.