1. Shop around when shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you are able to.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.