1. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for the shipping on your own items and when there are free freight options accessible to you.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply search for at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" in the address, start working on a different site to be around the safe side.