1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online along with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may get a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.