1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
2. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
4. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers had a good knowledge about them. It is additionally a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.