1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. If you are going to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are around the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
5. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.