1. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
2. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store has a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use just for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as being a seller.