1. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get a discount in the item or perhaps free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
2. Although it might appear tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.