1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
3. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the owner first. You need to visit their profile to check out reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Do not hesitate to make contact with the seller to ask a few questions concerning the product you are considering.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option as long as the store has a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.