1. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with assorted sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
2. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.