1. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's visiting you fairly!
2. Before you start your web shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.
3. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.