1. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.