1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and no results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your cash.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as being a seller.
5. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name of the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This can be a great way to cut costs when you shop online.