1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Be wary of the emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a web site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.
3. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
5. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through another store.