1. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
2. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through a different store.
3. Call the online company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that one could reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your bank card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.