1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.