1. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Shop around when you shop online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you go for the first sale you see, there is a chance you may miss out on an improved deal elsewhere.