1. If you are going to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is fairly common, and you must protect your information at all cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are on the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
5. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.