1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation being a seller.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.