1. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are available to be shipped to you.
2. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
4. If you are going to be doing some shopping online, make sure you comprehend the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on your own card when the number is stolen.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.