1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of satisfaction.
3. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on the items and if there are free delivery options available to you.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.