1. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
2. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.