1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
4. If you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of satisfaction.
5. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.