1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for that shipping on your items and in case there are free shipping options available to you.
3. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you the most money.
5. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use this all information to determine if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, and your area prior to placing an order.