1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.