1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
5. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be simply impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the primary site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.