1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are selecting a site to purchase from. Should you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your charge card information, try to find another site. Try to find a site that offers a good page when you're adding your charge card information.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and not one of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation being a seller.
5. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and also you must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.