1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are selecting a site to purchase from. In the event you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your bank card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your charge card information.