1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
3. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will give you an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.