1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
2. Shop around while shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.