1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. Shopping online is a great way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.