1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
3. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to see if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge of them. Additionally it is a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as a seller.