1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply search for at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
3. Do more research on the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. Shop around when you shop online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you can.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.