1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a wide swerve.
3. When a company includes a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a coupon code.
4. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is fairly common, and you must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.