1. Be wary of any emails you get, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It really is much safer that way.
2. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the key site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.