1. Shopping online is a terrific way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
2. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.