1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.