1. Prior to making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on the items and if there are free delivery options accessible to you.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.