1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Call the web company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want to be able to know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. Should you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
5. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.