1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
2. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
3. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
4. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.