1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
3. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Although it may seem tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.